Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Powerful testimony of an ex-gay man.


What a perfect video I have found to kick off the summer of 2012 with!

Not only do I finally have the time to sit down and blog, I’ve found a video by an ex-homosexual that covers the saving power of Jesus Christ, a miracle performed by God’s Holy Spirit, the two most common origins of homosexuality, and the gross promiscuity of the homosexual lifestyle.

At 0:50, Mr. David Arthur speaks of his seduction into the glbt community. At 6:08 he speaks of the ONLY permanent cure for homosexuality. And at 8:45, he reveals a miracle of God’s Holy Spirit.

“...He carried me through the storm and made it possible for me to tell you my own story so that I have a part in crushing everything that satan has told you and led you to believe. You have accepted complete sin as a "way of life" or a "lifestyle." And I am here to let you know that there is no "way of life" or "lifestyle" called homosexuality, or transgenderism, or prostitution, or sexual promiscuity and there is no tolerance for living that sin when in your heart you KNOW it is wrong. You KNOW that those feelings you are having are not right. You KNOW that because that is the truth. Please know that I am not telling you this to humiliate you nor am I trying to degrade you. I am doing my best to SHOW YOU the Truth.

...Did I have sexual encounters when I was a child with males older than me ? Yes I did. Was I molested ? I guess I was but I sure never refused or wanted to stop. In fact, I desired the attention as much as I could possibly get it. I was very young when I first had a homosexual experience and I was 37 years old when I had my last.

...You were not BORN that way and it is NOT okay to be that way. It is NOT okay for you to have those feelings and whoever told you that is a worker of iniquity, which means that person deviated you from what is right and true.

...From the moment I was conceived I was on a rough road. I wasn't three months in my mother's womb when my father committed suicide, and that moment changed everything in my life. I grew up in a house full of women, my two older brothers were never around so I was always with my mother, sister or female cousins. And my only two friends were girls to. I never had a father figure in my life and I may have longed for that. Is that what caused me to like the sexual advances from other boys and men ?

... It is our choices that lead us astray. We CHOOSE sin.

...Not only did I have feminine mannerisms about me but I looked very feminine also, actually I passed for a young girl very easily on more than one occasion. Once I figured this out and realized I could receive even more attention and physical encounters, I used it to my advantage very quickly. By the age of 11 or 12 I was cutting school and heading to the local mall where I would put on a little bit of make-up that I stole. I had a few very short lived relationships with other males who actually thought I was a young girl. I performed as many sexual acts for them, and with them, as I could without going all the way to keep them from finding out my "secret". When it got to the point where they wanted to take it "all the way", I just simply stopped seeing them and vanished from their lives.

...I quickly found the downtown section called Center City, where all of the homosexuals hung out. I saw how open they were about it and it was okay there. I was taken under their wings almost immediately and was part of something.

...It wasn't long before I was running away from home, staying out all night, dressing up like a woman, drinking, doing more drugs, taking female hormone shots and pills, prostituting myself on the streets all night long, sleeping in parks, motels and eventually getting arrested for numerous things.

...I had engaged in sexual activities with well over a thousand men and I had the inclination that I may be HIV+ as were so many of my friends and past lovers.

...other boys wanted to use for their own enjoyment, and I was okay with that. In my mind that contact was attention, which was affection, which meant they were showing me love, some type of love. At least that is what I would tell myself and convince myself of. Well, my experiences at Job Corps came to an abrupt end when I was called into the nurses office to be told that I was, in fact, HIV+.

...I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS while in prison and I thought I would die in prison.

...The last time I was in prison there was an officer, I forget his name, but we called him "Bishop". He was a Christian and he let you know it to. I used to talk with him from time to time and I remember him telling me that WHEN I became saved my testimony would help so many people on so many different levels and walks of life.

...That was around the time I would argue with people that God MADE me gay and I was living the life that He wanted me to live.

...with no hormone shots or pills will definitely do that. My breasts had almost gone away and so did the wideness of my hips, and I became David again.

...I wanted God in my life but I also believed that I was MEANT to be homosexual.

...I found myself having the desire to read and to listen to the Bible. Once I accepted homosexuality as an addiction, an illness, then it was much easier to actually see the sin in it. I learned more about God and then I had come under conviction of His Law. It was God's Law that put me under conviction and caused me to repent of my sins and believe on Jesus Christ. I opened my heart & soul to Him in October of 2009. I also found my father's family. I had a brother & sister who never knew I existed and a few aunts and cousins also.

...I started telling others of what God has done in my life in such a short period of time, and what He can do in theirs also.

...The quality of my life has changed tremendously and I have been able to see much more clearly what is right and what is not.

...Do you know what it means to be given up to a reprobate mind ? A reprobate mind is a mind that has become so ingrained in evil that it is not able to stop – even in its own best interest.

...it DOES get easier as time goes by. I have no desire to experience those pleasures of sin any more, I have much pleasure and joy being a man of God, knowing that I Belong, Amen. ...”

Incredibly detailed, full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Debate and discussion are welcome here, but attitude and ad hominem attacks will get you banned.