Monday, March 24, 2014

Where Fred Phelps went wrong.



The Bible speaks against using biblical scripture without love.  When Fred Phelps decided to harass and insult the family and friends of deceased homosexuals at their funerals, he was in direct violation of…

I Corinthians 13:

1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

And when Fred Phelps held up signs saying that God laughed at the death of homosexuals he was outright lying.



Ezekiel 18:32

32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!”

Story here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Debate and discussion are welcome here, but attitude and ad hominem attacks will get you banned.