Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The difference between "Black" and "gay."



One of the things that got me started when I crafted the word "heteroseparatist" was how people compared race to sexual behavior. It really irked me that so many people couldn't see the obvious difference between a person's skin color and their sexual behavior. A person's sexual desires and subsequent sexual behavior says volumes about their character, whereas a persons skin color says nothing about their character.
Before I founded heteroseparatist.com, I had it in my mind to write a book titled,"The Difference Between "Black" and "Gay." But now, the subject matter that would have been in that book will simply be a chapter in The Heteroseparatist's Manifesto.
Anyhow, an ex-gay woman who also happens to be African-American/Black, is one great way to illuminate my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Debate and discussion are welcome here, but attitude and ad hominem attacks will get you banned.