Monday, July 12, 2010

First Anniversary.


Well, here we are. My first post was much more of an experiment than a blog entry and it was a year ago today.

What has surprised me the most is the hostility I've experienced as a result of my little word "heteroseparatist." Merriam-Webster won't even talk to me anymore; even rejecting the benign phrase, "Achillies question." I even had to privatize the registry of heteroseparatist.com after receiving a hate-filled phone call from a homosexual. He called himself,"Billy Blade" and said that he would "...personally stop me..." from being a heteroseparatist. A prime example of homofascism!
It was my quest for brevity that inspired me to create a one-word response to the word "homophobe." I wanted to denounce hatred, fear, and ignorance, AND disagree/withdraw from the glbt community, and there was no single word that would do the job. So I invented it.


Let me close this post by saying what few people will say. Homosexuality is wrong, and homosexual "marriage" is even more wrong. But, just as people have the right to be wrong, I have the right to walk away from the glbt community (in my private life) and vote for the protection of the one-man-one-woman definition of marriage. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Debate and discussion are welcome here, but attitude and ad hominem attacks will get you banned.